The theme of DKOU 2019 was “The Original – BioBall® System”. Numerous visitors learned about the BioBall® AdapterSelector™, the only approved instrument for testing taper geometry, and the Dual-Mobility BioBall® MaxiMotion.
The highlight was the highly popular Lunch Symposium on Tuesday, which was organised as a panel discussion on the topic of “Current challenges in hip endoprosthetics – The modular BioBall® head system in practice”.
The five most important conclusions at a glance:
1. BioBall® Adapters are essential following head revision
2. BioBall® Adapters compensate for taper damage efficiently
3. BioBall® Adapters minimise time and effort for both the surgical team and the patient
4. BioBall® MaxiMotion™ suitable for complex replacement situations
5. BioBall® MaxiMotion™ minimises mix-and-match
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the lunch symposium speakers and participants for that lively and entertaining exchange, and to thank our trade fair booth visitors for the engaging discussions.
Recordings of the presentations are available on the Merete YouTube channel.